Monday, January 2, 2012

Trincomalee - Sun Sand and Surf

Trincomalee is a must visit destination in Sri Lanka. Although it has been a while since I've been there,(before I started writing this blog) While going through the stunning pictures that I took back then made me write this post.
Trincomalee has one of the best coastlines in the country and the best snorkeling site in Si Lanka according to my experience.
I wont write too many details in this post. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Surroundings
View of the beach from the hotel we stayed-Hotel Club Oceanic

Pigeons in the Garden
Local Fishermen
Traditional Fishing 

A good catch


Pigeon Island - Arguably the best snorkeling site in Sri Lanka
Pigeon Island from a Distance


Crystal Clear Water
The crystal clear water and the magnificent coral reef at Pigeon Island is perfect for snorkeling. Although I didn't see any turtles like in Hikkaduwa, lots of multicolored reef fish, luminescent jellyfish and lovely corals were to be seen. I hope this place is conserved and that it retains its natural beauty in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment